Nos. 122 & 123 French Provincial Desk and Nightstand

This set started out just awful.  I think this ranks as the ugliest set I have yet to paint.  In my furniture shopping excitement, I saw past the ugly, knowing that anything I did with this would be better than it started.  Ready?

There was cream, gold, green, brown, UGLY!  You can't even see in this picture the little plastic genie lamp appliques that were on this thing.  One thing I failed to notice (I told you, I was in a furniture shopping stupor) was the drawer fronts had bubbled a bit, indicating that the drawer fronts were mdf and had water damage at some point.  So, the drawer fronts got a new piece of wood to all of them. 

And really, isn't that so much better.  This was two coats of homemade chalk paint (in a color to match ASCP French Linen), a really lovely grey/beige neutral.  Dry brushed in GF Linen milk paint, then light and dark waxed.  The result is almost a driftwood appearance, kind of beachy. 

The new wooden drawer fronts really aided me in the texture I wanted to add with the dry brushing. 

I used spanish copper Rub n' Buff to modernize the hardware a bit. 

This set is available

here

!

And lastly I have to tell you that I am a sucker for power tools, I've seen the buffing brushes occasionally and I finally broke down and bought one.  You attach it to your drill and it adds a power tool component to the waxing process.  YES PLEASE!

I still find that most of the work with waxing is in the application, but this does make it much more fun!

Okay, I'm out of words for the day...

Blessings!

Jenni