I have a great one for you today...this was a real rescue, destined for the "wood burner" if it didn't sell. This is probably the dirtiest piece I have picked up, came complete with a spider.
This one needed the royal treatment to revive, but I knew there was something good under there...
I took off the old broken casters, removed warped veneer off the sides, replaced the drawer bottoms, sanded the drawers so they would fit. The top was sanded down to reveal not a veneer top, but a planked walnut top which is really pretty! It was stained dark walnut, and finished with three coats of Poly-Acrylic. The body was cleaned, and painted with homemade chalk paint in a great medium gray.
The bottom drawers were stenciled with white chalk paint, it's a really pretty paisley print. The whole piece was heavily distressed and then a coat of clear wax to finish it off.
This is going to a little girl who wanted purple! so we gave her purple knobs on the top drawer. The bottom pulls cleaned up so pretty with a scrub of Bar Keeper's Friend, and a quick oiling with Miss Mustard Seed's Hemp Oil (oh, the possibilities with this stuff!!). Check out the pretty flower that appeared in the middle of these!