This dresser was came with a curved foot board bed that was just too good to pass up. So in the crazy PA snow I went to pick up the set.
I really hope our finishes don't look as bad as this one 30 years from now...it was a light green with a brown streaky glaze.
Stripping the top was a chore, it's like wiping snot on the top and then scraping off a sticky nasty mess. But I think it was worth it...
I used General Finishes Gel Stain in Java, and at first it looked flat and too dark, but once the Poly-Acrylic was added it just brought it to life! I used a white pinstripe detail around the edge to tie it in with the white details on the body.
Check out all those drawers! This is a great storage piece.
This is an awesome teal color (SW Green Bay mixed in Behr). I used dark wax just to give it a little dimension and age. There is a date on one of the drawers 5/14/21. It makes me so happy to find dates.
I think the two different knobs tie it together just perfectly!
She's available in the shop here: